Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader


Federal College Work Study (CWS or CFWS)

The Work Study programs give students the opportunity to earn part or all of their financial need by working on campus or off campus in community service positions while they are in school. Examples of the jobs available are: teacher's aide, clerk, grounds person, custodian, and lab assistant. Your wage will be determined by the type and difficulty of the work that you choose.

This type of part-time work can add to your educational experience and can be a valuable asset when seeking employment after graduation.

The Work Study award reflects the amount of money that you are eligible to earn as wages. Your placement on a job depends upon your skills, the availability of jobs and the hours that you are available to work.

Students with Work Study eligibility must call the Financial Aid Office (619) 644-7129 for a job referral appointment. Students eligible to participate in the Work Study Program will be referred to a job and, if hired, complete the necessary payroll paperwork. Time sheets are turned in on the 10th of each month and paychecks are disbursed on the last business day of each month.

Student Job Placement

The Student Placement Center helps students find part-time employment in the community. All students enrolled at the college are eligible for Student Placement Center services and you may contact them at (619) 644-7611.

Last Updated: 07/31/2018
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District