Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
International Students

Steps to Apply for an F-1 Student Visa

International students must have an F-1 visa.

Applying from your Home Country

1. Apply to Grossmont College and receive the Form I-20 nonimmigrant document. Click here for details.

2. Pay the Department of Homeland Security SEVIS I-901 fee at and make an appointment for a face-to-face visa interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.

- - You can find additional information at the U.S.I.C.E website

- - You can find instructions for your specific country at

- - You can find tips for the interview at Study In The States Website

3. When your visa is approved and your I-20 is returned, you are on your way!
Please read the Orientation and Arrival information. 

Remember, apply for admission to Grossmont College and your visa early! You can review the visa appointment and processing wait times at Visa Wait Times.

Welcome Transfer Students! 

Complete step 1 above. You can pick up your new I-20 at Grossmont College. Be sure to RSVP for and attend the soonest available Orientation (mandatory).  

Last Updated: 03/03/2020
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District