Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
Home » Student Services » Admissions & Records » High School Students

High School Students

Concurrent Enrollment

The Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District will provide opportunities for students to enroll in courses at Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College while they are enrolled in high school. Permission from the high school administrator and parental approval must be obtained prior to filing an Application for Admission.

Eligibility of Students

To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students:
  1. Must have completed the tenth grade and be at least 14 years of age at the opening day of the session of attendance.
  2. Must be currently enrolled in high school.
  3. Must be determined by the high school principal (or designee) to have the ability to benefit from "advanced scholastic or vocational work."
  4. Have written parental approval prior to filing a college Application for Admission.
Prospective students who do not meet all these criteria will not be accepted for college admission. An appeal process is available through the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.

General Rules Regarding College Enrollment

  • High school students will be held to the same academic and conduct standards as any other college student enrolled in the class. Access to specific courses may be limited by space availability and/or course prerequisites. (See college catalog and class schedule for specific information.)
  • High school students will attend high school for at least the minimum high school day.
  • High School/College Credit (HS/CC) students may enroll for either day or extended day courses but are limited to two courses per term. State law places a limit on the number of HS/CC students who may enroll in Exercise Science classes.
  • All classes taken at Grossmont College are for college credit. Enrollment in the HS/CC program will establish a permanent college record. Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements; however, this determination is made solely by the high school district.
  • High school students will need to provide transportation to and from the college, purchase a parking permit (if needed) and the required books and supplies for the college course(s).


Plan Ahead. Students should begin the process for concurrent enrollment at least one month before the semester or session of attendance. To enroll concurrently at the college, follow these procedures:
  1. Meet with your high school counselor or designee to:
  • Develop an educational program plan relating to the instructional program at the college, and
  • Select appropriate courses after the required prerequisites have been met.
  1. Complete the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form available on-line, at the college Admissions and Records Office or the high school counselor's office.
  2. Obtain your parent's or guardian's signature on the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.
  3. Complete an Application for Admission to Grossmont College. Click here to apply on-line.
  4. Present the application (or Signature Page if you apply on-line) and High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization forms to the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.
  5. English and mathematics placement is required for students taking English and mathematics courses.
  6. Counseling services will be provided during the orientation session prior to the beginning of each semester.
  7. Internet registration is available using WebAdvisor.
  8. You may only register for courses in the subject areas approved on your High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.


  • Enrollment fees are waived for California resident HS/CC students. HS/CC students are responsible for paying other fees including the Health Fee, Student Center Fee, Student Representation Fee and Non-Resident tuition, if applicable.
  • Parking Permits and Student Benefit Cards are optional for all students.
  • California residents may be eligible for a fee waiver, but Federal financial aid is not available to high school students. (See the class schedule for specific information.)

Class Attendance

You must be present for the first class meeting or the instructor may drop you. In addition, the instructor may drop you for excessive absences. However, it is always the students responsibility to drop the course before the published deadline date if you no longer plan to attend.

Additional Information

  • If you wish to continue your concurrent enrollment into the next college semester, you must complete a new High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form. A new Application for Admission is not required.
  • Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements. An official college transcript should be requested by the student and sent to the high school for graduation evaluation.
  • Spring semester classes typically end in early June; therefore, grades may not be available until mid-June. Please consider this fact when making plans for high school graduation.

After high school graduation: If you have been enrolled in the HS/CC program, you are eligible to continue your enrollment at Grossmont College. Please notify the Admissions and Records Office of your graduation so that your records can be updated.

Last Updated: 03/23/2020
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District